The Faery Crossing is sponsoring a Yule gift giving event.
Everyone is invited to set out a snowman (or a wrapped present) that, when touched, will give a greeting to the one who touched it, and will also give them presents.
In the weekend of December 9th-10th you will have five opportunities to take a building class to make the gift-giving snowman. Between December 12th and 22nd, there will be a series of building classes on how to make various gifts to give away.
Schedule is listed below and on the FC Calendar.
Put out your gift-giving snowman (or wrapped present) by Saturday, December 23rd. Then starting Sunday, December 24th, folks will be invited to wander the Welcome Center area, touching snowmen and presents to collect their gifts from the faeries. The snowmen and presents will be left out through January 7th.
- Only snowmen or wrapped gift packages may be left out as givers. Maximum land impact of 10;
- The Givers must use the following script. This script IMs the person who touches the Giver with the message that is typed in the object description, and then gives everything in its contents;
- You can put as many gifts into contents as you wish. Just be sure all of them have copy permission;
- The Givers are to be placed on the Welcome Center parcel on Faery Crossing out on the grass/snow, but not inside the Welcome Center, by Christmas Eve (December 23rd). http://maps.secondlife.com/…/The%20Faery%20Crossi…/169/91/26 ;
- Leave your Giver out until January 7th. If you do not retrieve it on the 8th, it will be returned to you shortly thereafter.
If you have questions, please contact Qim Toxx!
All classes and office hours will be held in the FC Building Bubble.
Snowman building class schedule:
- Dec 9th, 9.00 am SLT
- Dec 9th, 12.00 pm (noon) SLT
- Dec 9th, 6.00 pm SLT
- Dec 10th, 8:30 am SLT
- Dec 10th, 4.00 pm SLT
Gift making class schedule:
- Dec 12th, 8:30 am SLT: mug of cocoa;
- Dec 12th, 5.00 pm SLT: mug of cocoa;
- Dec 14th, 10.00 am SLT: winter pyjamas;
- Dec 14th, 5.00 pm SLT: winter pyjamas;
- Dec 16th, 9.00 am SLT: tree ornament;
- Dec 16th, 6.00 pm SLT: tree ornament;
- Dec 20th, 5.00 pm SLT: Yule bracelet;
- Dec 20th, 6.00 pm SLT: Office Hour for help on your giver or gifts;
- Dec 22nd, 9.00 am SLT: Yule bracelet;
- Dec 22nd, 10.00 am SLT: Office Hour for help on your giver or gifts;
- Dec 22nd, 7.00 pm SLT: Office Hour for help on your giver or gifts.