For those who want to know what Eileach Eilid used to look like and for those who recall and are feeling nostalgic: here is a wonderful video from Russell’s YouTube channel where he wanders the Faery Crossing lands.
Monthly Archives: July 2019
Important Changes to your Second Life Account: Tilia
Merry meet, dear Fae,
Linden Labs are implementing changes in the way your US$ balance is processed. Basically, this impacts the link between your account’s US Dollar balance and an external balance method (e.g. PayPal or Skrill).
Please note that this does NOT impact regular L$ purchases. If you only spend money to buy L$ inworld, the information below will not be applicable to you.
In short, Linden Labs set up a subsidiary company to handle their credit payments. This company is called Tillia and they have some requirements. We will provide you with links containing details, but here are the bullet points.
- Tilia is a full subsidiary of Linden Labs – i.e. they own the company;
- You will need to provide Tilia with Name, Address , Date of birth and
(for US citizens) Social security number or (for non-US citizens) a copy of a government issued ID (passport, driver’s license, EU ID card, etc.);
- You will need to submit proof of the above by photocopy of, e.g. a utility bill, bank statement, etc.;
- If you have already verified your ID with Linden Labs earlier, it is likely you will not have to do this again; if Tilia requires additional information, you will be contacted;
- If you are under 18, you are not eligible for this service – you will still be able to participate in SL in all regular ways;
- If your account is inactive for 12 months, Tilia will begin charging a fee. This will not happen when your US$ account balance is 0$ (so this fee will not lead you into debt);
- There will at this time be no additional fees (other than the changed fee announced earlier and the aforementioned inactivity fee);
Linden Labs and Tilia have provided several links with information. We highly recommend you peruse them and check the forum. We will list the links below.
- Announcement by Linden Labs
- Tilia FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Forum Thread on Tilia
Now, in addition to these links, we encourage you to get informed in other ways. Again, if all you do is buy L$, this should have no impact on you.
Love & Light!